- We strive to provide complete care for our patients. Learn more about all the services we provide.
You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
1. is aligned. The body wants to be in a state of minimal energy expenditure. The optimal, natural align- ment of the head and vertebrae (bones of the spinal column) allows the body’s weight to be carried by the proper structures (the bones and ligaments) instead of the muscles being asked to do the work. The chance of arthritis developing is greatly reduced. Alignment also allows for sufficient space for the nerves to flow, so the message system of the body can function at its best. This is vital for health.
2. is soft. In a healthy spine, there is no unnecessary stored tension in spinal ligaments, muscles or nerves. There are no places that feel stuck, blocked or lifeless.
3. breathes. The entire length of the spine from the occiput (head) to the sacrum (tailbone) is involved with each full breath. Each segment (vertebra) of the spinal column is free to “wiggle” or oscillate, and does so several times per minute with each breath. With a healthy spine, we are much more likely to choose postures, activities and behaviors that optimize this freedom. This brings us to the way of a healthy spine…
4. moves. The spinal column is made up of 27 movable segments. In a healthy spine, there are no fixa- tions or restrictions in any of the spinal subsystems, so the entire spine is involved in any movement such as reaching down or up, turning one’s head, or bending to the side. Picture the freedom of move- ment that a snake or dolphin has (or your favorite dancer!) Growing older does not have to mean moving less.
5. is self correcting, and can recover quickly from mishaps such as over exertion, falls, long car rides or desk work, or the spinal tension that results from an emotionally trying day.
6. is your natural state! A healthy spine is achievable at any age.
Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that your body is a self-regulating, self-healing organism. The brain, spinal cord, and all the nerves of the body control these important functions. The skull protects the delicate tissue of the brain. The moving bones of the spine protect the vulnerable communication pathways of the spinal cord and nerve roots. If the nervous system is impaired, it can cause malfunction of the tissues and the organs throughout the body. Doctors call this the Vertebral Subluxation Complex. Vertebral, meaning the bones of the spine. Subluxation, meaning less than a total dislocation. And complex, meaning consisting of more then one part. Chiropractic is the science of locating offending spinal structures, the art of reducing their impact to the nervous system, and the philosophy of all things natural.
Request a free consultation today and fill out form below.